10 April 2020

At the foot of the cross


I could spend all day thinking about songs for Good Friday!  I've chosen this one, which is fairly new to me, and so I presume, not necessarily familiar to you!  Two years ago, we took this as our 'theme song' for Lent at the afternoon café service at St John's.  It was new to me then, but quickly became a favourite.

Kathryn Scott was born into a Christian family, and grew up in Northern Ireland.  In the early 1990s, she went to Elim Bible College (then based in Nantwich, Cheshire), to study theology.  Since then, she and her husband have been pastors of Vineyard churches in Glasgow, Northern Ireland, and now in America.

Kathryn was mentored by Brian Doerksen for a couple of years in the late 1990s.  She published At the Foot of the Cross in 2003.  You can listen to her singing it on a lyric video here.

No comments:

Post a Comment